RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Holiday Rambler 2005 Neptune - have no power in 3/4 of the…

Customer Question
Holiday Rambler 2005 Neptune...

Holiday Rambler 2005 Neptune - have no power in 3/4 of the rig. Is there a fuse panel aside from the breaker box

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Rambler?

Neptune

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Power comes to the breaker box. Reset them all. No power to any a/c outlets except the bedroom

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
2/21/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the electrical system. Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Try this to start off. Shut off ALL the breakers inside the RV, go unplug the shore cord from the supply post, shut the supply post breaker OFF, plug back into power, turn the supply breaker back on and then turn on all the breakers inside on at a time.

IF you still have no AC power go around the RV and make sure you do not have any GFI's that are tripped, these will be outlets with a test and reset button on them, they are normally located in the bathroom or kitchen area but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside compartments.

IF you have an inverter (allows you to have AC power dry camping) check the inverter for a tripped breaker most inverter's will have one or two breakers, they can be small push buttons or small switches.

I might also try the generator and see if that makes a difference at all.

Please let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.

Thank you, Robert

No power with the generator running. Power gets to the panel but will not power outlets. Can not find button or breaker on the inverter. Where would it be?would prefer to text.

IF you can get me the make and model of the inverter I should be able to tell you, normally they are on the front or side of the inverter.

Robert

Ok. will go get that.

Looks like for that year a xantrex 458 was an option, it should have a small white button on it where the cables are. IT is possible you do not have an inverter as it was an option that was offered. Let me know.

Robert

Click HERE see page 7, it should have two switches, AC out 1, AC out 2 and to the right of that is a 20 amp breaker as well.

Robert