RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic Americana model RM2652 in my 5th RV that’s…

I have a Dometic...

I have a Dometic Americana model RM2652 in my 5th RV that’s not working....at all. Seems to have no power. I’m getting power where the fridge plugs in (115) and 12V too. The check light wont come on, nor will the interior light. Fuses (that I know of) all check out and everything else appears to work in the camper (no circuit breakers tripped) It’s parked in my barn, unlevel (F/R) for the winter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent. Even tried plugging fridge in with an extension cord and nada

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Camper?

2003 forest river wildcat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camper yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just what I’ve told you. I’ve done that myself so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don’t know what else to add

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your fridge, I know this fridge model really well. Please give me several mins to type a response.

Thanks.

Robert

The fridge needs DC power to turn on and work. So the first step is to check DC voltage at the back of the fridge, you will have a small plastic terminal block the wires go into and they get screwed down. IF you have voltage check the vertical flue canister for a thermal cutoff, it will be a small round disc about the size of a quarter in the center of the disc is a tiny little button, when it trips it pops out. You may have a shield you have to remove on the bottom to get at the high limit, below is a picture. You should have continuity through the high limit.

IF that is good you will see a circuit board with a bunch of wires going to it, it is also under the outside access panel. Unplug the AC cord and remove the cover. On the board will be some fuses, one is for the DC side or what allows the fridge to turn on. IF you have DC voltage on the fuse and the high limit is not tripped then you have a circuit board or upper display panel issue. Click HERE for a service manual and it will show you how to check the components.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Follow ups are included, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.
Thank you. Robert

Thermal Cut off.

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thanks, I’ll go check that out. I’ve already checked the fuses behind that cover and am getting 13.58 volts where I’m assuming you told me to check.

Yes check for that thermal cut off and make sure it is not tripped, if you do not have a volt meter you can bypass it for testing ONLY.

Robert

I had to remove a panel and sure enough as soon as I pushed the reset I could hear it start trying light and my lights were back on. Appreciate the help. You’re 5 stars as far as I’m concerned. Kyle

So glad I could help you out today. Please feel free to select a star rating on the page and please feel free to request me in the future with any other RV related needs.

Thanks! Robert