RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Norcold RV 4door ref/frz has turned off. we have poe wer…

My Norcold RV 4door ref/frz...
My Norcold RV 4door ref/frz has turned off. we have poe
wer and propane to the unit. What else
could be wrong?
2/8/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you go to the outside access panel, remove it and tell me if you see a small black box, on the box is a led light, need to know if the light is ON, it will be red.

Thanks. Robert

It goes on when he brown/yellow wire is unplugged

OK

So right now the fridge will not turn ON and the interior light is not coming on is that correct?

Do you have a volt meter?

Robert

No

Is the interior light on for the fridge?

Robert

The fridge needs DC power to turn on and you have to verify you have voltage in and out of the high temp sensor, on the sensor you will have DC in and DC out.

Click HERE and see diagram. IF you do not have a volt meter you can remove the DC in and DC out and touch them together and see if the fridge turns ON. IF so then the sensor is the problem, you can NOT leave it hooked up like that as it is a safety feature.

IF the fridge does not turn on look at the diagram and you will see a circuit board, on the board are some fuses, one is AC power and one is DC power. IF the DC fuse is blown the fridge will not turn ON. The cover on the board will come off. Make sure you unplug the cord from the outlet as you do not want to touch that fuse when it is plugged into power. Make sure the DC fuse did not blow.

IF you still need more help on this please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can, I have to go out on a service call so it might be some time before I get back to you on this.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Robert

I see you opened another question, you do not need to do that, you can respond back to me as much as needed. In the second question you asked about a magnet. IF the red light was ON for the sensor then a magnet can be used to reset the sensor, you said with it hooked up the light is not on, if the light is ON get a strong magnet and hold it on the sensor right about the light for about 15 seconds, inside is a reed switch and the magnet should reset it, it is covered in the information I sent you.

IF the light goes out but comes back on then you will need to have the fridge looked at.

So to recap.....

IF the light is ON try the magnet and see if it resets. IF the light goes off but then comes back on then the fridge will need to be looked at.

Bypass the sensor and see if the fridge comes on, if so then it is a sensor issue. DO NOT leave it bypassed.

Check the fuses on the circuit board. Unplug the AC cord from the outlet, remove the cover on the board and check the fuses. One is for AC power and one for DC power or what allows the fridge to turn on.

After these steps you will need a volt meter.

IF you still need more help PLEASE let me know, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic