RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The same thing as this post i just looked at. My Norcold…

Customer Question
The same thing as...

The same thing as this post i just looked at. My Norcold refrigerator stopped working both of gas and electric.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the vehicle start—same as usual?

I have a 32 ft artic fox

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fox?

2017 or 18

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fox yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried disconnecting the rheostat. That didnt work. I switched from electric to gas that didnt work. I checked the fuse. checked the breaker. None of it is working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does this cost money?

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/27/2019
RV Mechanic: Blake P, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Blake P
Blake P, RV Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help you with your Norcold fridge. I understand the fridge has stopped working completely. Is this correct?

The camper is level and everything

Are there any lights on the control panel at all?

You mean the the switch to change it to gas and electric and set temperature.

Yes, are any of those lights lit up? Does the interior light come on in the fridge when you open the door?

all that works.

Ok, go to the back of the fridge for me, open the outside access panel. Do you smell ammonia, or is there any yellow staining particularly near the lower right corner?

No there is no ammonia and no yellowstain. The silver cylindrical thing heats up when i have the gas on it just doesnt produce cold air. The camper is level as well

Ok, so the tubes at the back of the fridge do heat up, but you still have no cooling inside the fridge or freezer?

I am assuming they heat up. When im off propane I can here it like bubbling up. like its boiling it to create gas.

Ok, that is a perfect description. Unfortunately by what you are describing is a cooling unit that has leaked its gas out. Unfortunately the only way to repair this is to replace the cooling unit, or to replace the fridge entirely.

Well thank god i got the 10 year warranty on all my stuff in the camper.

Yes! That is absolutely a great! I never like hearing of someone that has a fridge fail as they are not cheap. My recommendation no would be to find a service center that can make the fridge warranty claim for you and get you back on your way!

Good morning, I wanted to check in with you and make sure that you were taken care of, and if there were any other questions I can help you with.

Thank you

Blake