RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Can a shower fold-down seat be installed in a Thor 2018

Can a shower fold-down...

Can a shower fold-down seat be installed in a Thor 2018 Hurricane?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '18 RV?

It is a Thor Hurricane 2018 35M

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to know if a fold-down shower seat can be installed on the back wall of the shower.

1/17/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Unfortunately to mount something like this you would need solid support behind the wall to mount the seat and that is normally not the case with these showers, the shower is fiberglass and not very thick and if you installed it on that it would probably crack the entire shower. I have seen some where they come in from the side that are mounted to a cabinet near the shower, click HERE to view, this would be more ideal for mounting.

Wish I had better news for you on this, the other option is to have a reputable RV shop in your area take a look to see if any support can be added to make this happen for you.

Hope this helps out.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic