RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Waeco 80-mc-065LHI seems to be underperforming, maybe needs…

Waeco 80-mc-065LHI seems to...

Waeco 80-mc-065LHI seems to be underperforming, maybe needs regassing/

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2001 Mercedes sprinter, ex ambulance. unsure of rv conversion date

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sprinter not broken, its the fridge that's the issue

1/17/2019
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the fridge. A few items can cause this if you are not getting full cooling in the box.

To start off I would see if the compressor runs for a long time/continuously if that is the case then normally it is a Insufficient ventilation and/or air supply problem, the Condenser is dirty, or the fan is faulty. What I might do on this one is clean the condenser make sure you have good ventilation, before taking any other steps I might remove the fridge so it does in fact have good air flow and run it to see if that makes a difference, the only reason I suggest that is because you indicated it was a conversion and these need good air flow to work properly, if it was not installed correctly then it could be part of the problem. Beyond that I might have a technician take a look at this, no more then 1 hour of labor to troubleshoot.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Thanks, Robert

Makes sense. I've often wondered about the ventilation of the unit. Will follow your suggestions and see how I get on.Thanks for your help

No problem at all, glad I can give you some suggestions on this.

Thanks for coming to Just Answer to ask your question.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic