RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold N611RT serial noand the refrigerator panel…

I have a Norcold...

I have a Norcold N611RT serial no(###) ###-####and the refrigerator panel kept blinking then went out completely. Is there a reset? I can't find the fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2006 Jayco jayfeather

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked converter and fuses on it still trying to find the fuse it keeps talking about to battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The fuse went out to the battery for the lights but replaced and refrigerator was still working but on way to where we were going it kept blinking then went out

1/7/2019
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

ok to type

That can be caused by several things. It might be the fuse in your load center is blown or the DC fuse on the circuit board may have blown. Or it can be from a low DC voltage situation. Are you plugged into shore power or not?

what fuse on circuit board? what is load center, can I get a diagram

See the attached link for a copy of the Norcold Service Manual. Print this out so you have it. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

we are plugged in to ac power right now

There are wiring diagrams in the manual I just gave you. The fuse for the fridge is in the load center where all the fuses and service breakers are in the cabin area. Another DC fuse on the circuit board on the rear of the fridge and visible once you remove the outside inspection cover on the outside.

It would really be helpful here to have a small digital multimeter for some testing. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. That would allow us to see if you are getting a good DC voltage TO the control board.

Thanks will check it

You are most welcome! I will make you an optional phone chat offer in case you think that might be more helpful.

Thanks but I don't think I will at this time

No problem. Some like that and some would rather just use a text format.

Let me know what you find at the fuses and we can go from there. If they are good the next thing is to take each plugin lead on the control board off and plug them back in again, one at a time. It can be jus a bad connection due to dust or moisture in the air.

Will do tomorrow. Wish me luck

Testing takes time and you have to eliminate one possible cause at a time. Get back to me later on if you need more help with the testing. That manual gives you a lot of that in there.

Ok

I am around every day and will respond as quickly as my schedule allows.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
It was a fuse, works great! Thanks.

Super! Thanks for letting me know. Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer.

Definitely!!! Very pleased & glad. Would recommend in a heartbeat will use you if anymore problems which buying a used 2006 trailer I am sure we will have, lol.

Thanks! And have a good evening.