RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Randall, back again! The hot water tank says the electric…

Hi Randall, back again!...
Hi Randall, back again! The hot water tank says the electric igniter is on and working but no hot water at the faucets?? Opening the top fitting there appears to be a plastic something inside the brace fitting! Any ideas??
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 3 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

We converses last Friday about the rear slide stopping. 2007 Forest River Wildwood RV

What "top fitting" is that? On the rear of the water heater? Is the winterizing bypass on perhaps? Make and model of this water heater?

194712 on the heater no make or model. what would the winterizing look like? There is a valve on the cold line which is horizontal.

Open up the outside inspection cover and see what the make and model is? Or is this an instant hot version?

Or attach a photo of it to your response so I can see it.

It’s propane with electric igniter, which seems to be working fine

I can't tell you much without know what you have.

That is a Suburban water heater. Where did you see this plastic part you mentioned? The winterizing bypass is off so that isn't the problem. They do have a plastic liner inside the tank.

Yes, I know how they work. Perhaps the check valve on the hot exit is plugged or stuck closed. That is a common problem from hard water deposits. You have to turn the water heater off and allow it to cool and then drain it before you try to remove that.

I just tried that and it works

So water comes out of the hot water side?

I’m getting him warm water coming out of the pop the top port which is the hot side of the the heater there’s a plastic something or other back in that first brass fitting that goes into the tank at that because in some restriction

That is a check valve. It may be jammed or broken.

How do you un-jam it? There appears to be plenty of water coming out but it is cold!

Then the water heater isn't heating the water up. Are you using LP mode or does this have an AC mode as well?

I only see LP

No, it has an A/C mode as well. I see the heater element cap in front. Lower left hand corner.

When I checked the relief valve outside, the water was hot

Then it should be hot coming out of the top. It can't be both.

Thank you we will call someone to check it out. Too confusing!

10-4

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification