RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have no power on my control panel dometric refrigerarot…

I have no power...

I have no power on my control panel dometric refrigerarot model rm 3862

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2000 fleetwood bounder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked power and fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there more than the 2 fuses on back of refr

11/15/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Did you check the fuse on the control board in the rear of the fridge AND the main fuse for the fridge in your load center where all the rest of the fuses and breakers are?

Do you have or can you come up with a small digital multimeter or even a 12 VDC test light for some testing? That would be the quickest way to track this down. IF this has had a Dometic recall kit installed I would check the reset on the hi limit switch on the flue and then be sure that the thermal fuse isn't blown. If you have power INTO and OUT OF the hi limit switch and NOT to the control board the thermal fuse in the line is suspect. See the attached link for a copy of the Dometic Service Manual for this model. Print it out so you have it. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/domser.pdf

Let me know what you find and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

If you have power INTO the board then check the power TO the upper control. See that section of the manual for that. The upper control board just unplugs.

A meter is about $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can assist you in testing if needed.