RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our coachmen prism 2150LE, 2015, has an alarm chirping below…

Customer Question
Our coachmen prism 2150LE...

Our coachmen prism 2150LE, 2015, has an alarm chirping below the oven - 5 chirps about 2 minutes apart. We’re trying to figure out what this alarm is?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '15 RV?

Coachmen Prism 2150LE

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?

Battery is charged, we didn’t check fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothign

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: RV
11/13/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

That sounds like the LP detector if it is near the floor, it is hardwired to the DC system.

Several reasons it can chirp.... First off make sure you have good DC battery voltage, these will go off and chirp when the battery voltage gets low, so make sure the battery voltage is around 12 vols.

Make sure you do not smell propane, smell in some lower cabinets near the detector, LP is heavier then air and will sink and stagnant near the floor.

IF you have been using aerosols or even have dog food near the detector it can cause them to do this.

Finally it may need to be replaced, they are suppose to be changed out about every 5 years, the sensor inside can get very sensitive and cause false readings.

IF yours has a test button or reset may want to hold that button in until the alarm sounds and then release and see if that makes the chirping go away.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page.... ROBERT

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Robert