RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Haeter. This morning it was working. it was on auto and it…

This morning it was...

This morning it was working. it was on auto and it sounded as if it was starting. suddenly it would just stop

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2019 coachmen leprechaun 26ft

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, i am not. on the phone with my parent who are out of town. im not there with them, but trying to trouble shoot the problem from here

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is fine

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

ok thank you

So right now if they turn the thermostat ON and raise the temp will the fan come on for the furnace?

Thanks. Robert

the fan is on but the air is cold. It is on auto and at 81 degrees

OK

So once the fan comes ON the next step would be the gas solenoid opens up and the electrode starts to spark, any chance they can listen for that? Should hear one click from the solenoid and then the electrode should spark or make a clicking sound, might need to go out near the furnace and listen. Robert

It matters on diagnosing the problem if it is sparking or not.

Robert

ok one momemt

10-4 Robert

there is no click. Its sounds like a humming noisesputtering

And the air coming out the exhaust is cold correct? This would be outside.

Robert

its luke warm

OK...

Please give me several mins to type a response...

Robert

ok thank you. Really appreciate it. Trying to help our parents

I have to admit this is an odd one because if the flame was not going the air would be cold. IF the blower motor keeps running and does not shut down AND you are getting luke warm air then this could be a LP pressure issue or possibly a ducting has come off at the furnace.

The way the furnace works is the blower motor kicks on and blows on a sail switch, after the sail switch closes then and only then do you get spark, the furnace will try 3 times to light the flame and then shut down if the flame does not light off. So if the fan is going it is possible the flame is going but for some reason not putting out heat. So you have to look at the propane and the ducting IF the air coming out the exhaust is warm, it is not regulated meaning it should be HOT exhaust or cold.

Have them shut the furnace off, go to the main valve for the LP tank and shut the valve, SLOWLY open it back up, sometimes if the valve is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure, slowly open the valve up then start a burner on the stove and then try the furnace again.

IF the blower motor is in fact shutting down it could still be a LP pressure issue, circuit board problem or the electrode....

I know it is allot to take in and this may require a shop or mobile tech have a look at.....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page....

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
ok one moment. let me send them this and explain it

10-4

ok thank you. i think they will need to take it to a mechanic

Let me know if you need more help.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page.

Robert

i think we are good from herei appreciate it very much! i will leave a rating

Thank you.

Robert