RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an Atwood GC10A-4E 10 gal hot water heater, when I…

Customer Question
I have an Atwood...

I have an Atwood GC10A-4E 10 gal hot water heater, when I turn on the switch to start it on gas I hear it briefly start but it does not stay lit and the the red fault light by the switch comes on after about three attempts to light, switch it off to try again and does the same thing again. What should I look for? Or change or try to clean up?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

It’s a little red light right by between the switch’s for gas and electric , I guess it is some kind of indicator for the electric starter?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Atwood GC10A-4E. 10 gallon gas/electric

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

S/N 94D1802122735

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
11/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response..

Robert

I have to apologize as yesterday as I was typing a response to your question and it got closed. It took me a good 10 mins to type a response and right when I was getting done the question was closed manually, after reviewing my questions today it is now open, I do not know if you requested the question to be closed or if it was a site issue.

IF you still need more help on this please let me know ASAP.

Robert

Thanks but I went ahead and had an RV mechanic come out and replace my water heater, it was 6 years old, been in constant use, so I just replaced it

Thanks for the update on this, I wanted to make sure you were not missed on my questions. Kind of strange for the question to go away and then come back.

Take Care.... Robert