RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I just purchased an liner with a dometic 2354 refrigerator.

I just purchased an...

I just purchased an liner with a dometic 2354 refrigerator. Want to be sure how to operate it on propane. does this model self light? I can't find anywhere to light a flame.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Not lights. do I need to manually light a flame to operate the refrigerator.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2011 liner expedition. It has a Dometic model RM2354 manufactured in 2010 installed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just turned on the refrigerator and have the settings on auto/gas and the propane is turned on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes it is an Aliner Expedition not liner.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please give me a few mins to type a response to explain operation.

Robert

You do not need to do anything except turn it on at the control panel. When you are plugged into power and in auto the fridge will automatically run on AC power, if you loose the AC power the fridge will default to LP and start on it's own, when the AC power comes back it will switch back to AC. You will not hear anything at all on AC power as there is no compressor or moving parts on a RV fridge. IT will take a good 4 hours for the box to get cold.

IF it fails to light off on gas the check light will come on, that is the only time that light will come on. Also the fridge runs on DC power meaning if you went and unplugged the cord it is plugged into it would still work on gas if you have good DC battery voltage.

To go a step further and to help you out click HERE for a service manual, I would print it out so you have it.....

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page. ROBERT

thanks so much. I found the instructions in the bottom of the fridge while waiting. Just wanted to be sure I did not have to light anything myself. Also, good to know that it takes a while for the fridge to cool off. Planning a one day trip and the site has no power. Wanted to be sure I would know how to use the fridge. you have given me peace of mind.

Glad I could help you out.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please take the time to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page...

Thanks. Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic