RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am having trouble with my frig. in my travel trailer. it…

I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with my frig. in my travel trailer. it works fine but i can't turn it down and it won't shut off when i shut it off. the only way to shut it down is to shut the gas off.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It wasn't working well at all and i put a new brain in it and it was fine for a while but now i am having this new problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a friend that is very good at doing these things. he is helping me but yes i will be doing it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is about it. i have a wire that i have to put back on the igniter. i had to come to town to get a connection that was the right size. they are very small where they go on the pin. i thought that might be the problem but i thought it would be a good idea to check with you while i am in town.

11/4/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of this fridge?

i have been dealing with this problem for the last three trips which last from two too three weeks. i am leaving to go back up again on Wednesday night so would like to know if there is anything a can do to solve this problemthis is a Norcold but i don't have the model and ti is 300 miles from here.

I am sure there is, but Norcold has many models and it would be helpful to know which one you have. Can you contact me once you get up there?

i will see what happens when i connect that wire and i will get all of the numbers off of the frig. and bring them back with me. i am up in the mountains hunting Chukar so i can't contact you from there. i will when i return with all of the info. thanks for the help. also i do not do texing so don't try that. i turn my cell phone on six times a year or only for immergencies.

O.K. I am here every day and I have an RV repair shop. Get back to me with that and I can supply a link to a Service Manual and direct you in some testing.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
well Randall we are back. i think i got all of the information you need to help me with the frig. it did the same thing this trip. it started and worked fine but would not shut off. the only way to keep it from freezing everything in the frig. itself was to shut the gas off to the frig. the model number is ***** the serial # is E49512. 350 Watts. i hope this will help you to help me. thank you Jim.

Parts for that model are extremely hard to find now. You might try E-Bay or an RV Salvage yard like Colaw or Arizona RV Salvage or Visonerv. Sorry I can't be more help on this one.