RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold nx611 fridge that quit working. i"ve

I have a Norcold...

I have a Norcold nx611 fridge that quit working. i"ve checked it, and it has no power at the circuit board even though it has 120 volts coming in. the eyebrow doesn't light up or show any codes. I'm tempted to replace both pieces, ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully, I do have an appointment where i purchased the trailer, but they are sure if they will have it repaired before I go camping.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Am i going in the right direction?

10/14/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry for the long delay on this. Your question was in the appliance section not the RV....

To start off the fridge needs DC power to turn on and work. IT could care less to turn on if the cord was plugged in or not. The circuit board needs DC power to work. So you need to check the DC supply going into the circuit board. IF you have voltage at the DC supply then I would next check the fuses on the circuit board, under the outside cover you have a circuit board, on the circuit board are some fuses. Unplug the cord from the outlet and then remove the cover and check the fuses. One fuse is for DC power or what allows the fridge to turn on and the other fuse is for the AC power, which allows it to strictly work on AC power.

Beyond that I would let the shop where you purchased it have a look. Also to help you out now and in the future click HERE for a service manual. See page 7 "fridge does not turn on"

I really hope this points you in the right direction.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page..... ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
As I stated in my question, I've checked the fuses at the circuit board, have power coming in from a shore line but nothing.
Phone call session started