RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2001 class-a Winnebago. Hydraulic system blew the end out of…

2001 class-a Winnebago. Hydraulic...

2001 class-a Winnebago. Hydraulic system blew the end out of one of the solenoids. Got a new cell annoyed in there and tried to use it for the slide-out and the pressure just builds up when you let go of the switch you can hear it backwash but the slide is not moving

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '01 RV?

Winnebago, single slide, 32ft., I think it's a Sunrise

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the blown out solenoid on the HWH pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I believe that the system is building up pressure but not flowing through. The Jack's went down and are slow to retract

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Are you sure that the proper solenoids are opening? There is no good reason that the solenoid should blow out like that.

Just put in a new solenoid for the one that blew. You can hear the pump running and it sounds like it's pressurizing but the slide does nothing. Should I swap the connections from one to the other?

You should have them marked as to which one is which. Are you able to test the pump pressure? That would be what we do in the shop. And a call to HWH Technical support may be in order as I have never heard of this happening. And I have been in this business many years.

Just checking back in to see how this was going? Were you able to discuss this with HWH at all?

Not yet I am at work so it'll probably be Friday before I can get to talk to them. Thanks for checking.

10-4

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification