RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We own a 2015 36rl montana 5th wheel --when plugged into…

We own a 2015...

We own a 2015 36rl montana 5th wheel --when plugged into either 30 or 50 amp we are not showing any charge going to the 12 volt system-indicator at the panel only show 1/3 charge this unit I believe has an inverter and a converter--also changed btry. conf. to 6 volt btrys. the outlet on front kitchen counter has no power--I checked the GFI in the batroom and all seems fine--did I trip another GFI that 'm not aware of?i

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It is consistent at 1/3 on indicator-I plugged it in a couple times to reset to no avail.why with this problem did we lose 120 at the front kitchen counter-I checked all fuses and circuit brakers-they seem fine?? confused-----

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked for loose wires etc. tried to reset coach

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Are there more than one GFI?

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/3/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

A​re you using any adapter on the cord? If so, you will lose 1/2 the power into the coach and that can affect the charging to the batteries. Did you wire up the batteries correctly? Positive of the one to the negative of the other? This has to be in Series and not Parallel as 12 VDC batteries are wired.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
the dealer installed btrys.-this same plug and same conf.has been used for two years-with no problem-keep in mind we also lost the 110 outlet on the front counter in the kitchen-when btry. button is pushed at control center it only shows 1/3- when plugged in should read max.were not getting power to the btrys so that they will charge...checked all connections -they were good...where is the converter located at in this coach? would this be a possibility? Thank you for your help in trying to help me through this frustration...thanks.waiting for a response to my last questions..thanks
Phone call session started

C​all me tomorrow when it is good for you.