RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold RV refrigerator model number N822RT/serial…

I have a Norcold...

I have a Norcold RV refrigerator model number N822RT/serial number 24299572. The lower hinge on the refrigerator door has broken. It is plastic and looks like it is part of the bottom of the door.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I have a Norcold refrigerator in my 2017 Winnebago Cambria. It is model number N822RT/serial number 24299572. The bottom “hinge” on the refrigerator door has broken. It is a plastic piece that is part of the bottom of the door. Can it be fixed or do I need to buy a new door?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. We also have a repair person we can call.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have a picture that I can send if you have an email address.

9/23/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry for the delay, not good news on this the hinge is molded into the door and is not replaceable as a separate part and the door would need to be replaced. I have seen owners try and use something like JB weld but that does not always work the repair does not last long.

Wish I had better news for you on this. Hope this points you in the right direction.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page.

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
I have no more questions. Thanks