RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2005 Coachman with a Ford V10 in it.Do you have…

I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Coachman with a Ford V10 in it.Do you have many mechanical issues with this

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Ford?

It's a coachman Mirada 300Q

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm asking uou.Do u usually have any problems. I'm thinking of selling it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Actually I'm thinking about buying this motorhomeI heard there might be problems with spark plug ejections
I'm still waiting
9/22/2018
RV Mechanic: eauto, RV Owner replied 4 years ago
eauto
eauto, RV Owner

Hello My name is***** will try and help what is the question your asking?

I'm thinking of buying a 2005 Coachman Mirada 300Q.with a V 10 engine do they have any problems with this class A motorhomeIt's a 30 footer

it is a problem and its a solveable proble. The plugs need to be properly torqued with a torq wrench when replacing and it lessons the likley hood of failure. They make a repair kit (time cert) when it happens...

Any other issues with this motor or transmission?is the Coachman a well built class A motorhome?

they are pretty reliable...as far as any camper they all are problematic weather you buy a 300,000 pusher or a 10,000 pull behind... Just make sure there is not rot and caulk all the windows and hatches etc yearly...verify not rot and everything functions... Thats the best you can do

why the negative rating?

Oh s the Coachman top of the line or just average?

it's a entry level coach not top of the line....

$26 dollers to taulk?

thats site automated ignore it unless you want a phone chat

this is a cheapCoachman?

If you treat it well, maintain it as all RV's need to be, and don't abuse it, the Coachmen will give you good value for you money. But its Not even close to a top of the line coach They are lower end

its one of the better ones in the coachman line but coachmans are not high end premium coaches.... The Ford E chassis is solid and dependable. So it should serve you well if it was maintained and in good shape..

How about a 2001 Condor 34 Ft. GM Workhorse engine?

its about equal in quality as a coachman but most came with the 8.1 gm motor and i think the motor and transmission are superior to the ford and coach quality is about equal...bot are entry level class A s that are built decent

hope you can rate my service 5 star

you still there?

eauto
eauto, RV Owner