RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic fridge in 1995 fleet class c jamboree ... how to use…

Dometic fridge in 1995...

Dometic fridge in 1995 fleet wood class c jamboree ... how to use it with electric only? Freezer is working but fridge is cool but not cold. Is auto button suppose to be on?? Help!! New RV r

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '95 RV?

Fleet wood jamboree c sport 29 ft class C

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yep... not sure how to set the buttons. Has on/off but then auto or manual and check button.

9/21/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of this fridge?

Ok...

The data tag is on the inside of the fridge. "RM" and some numbers on most.

RM 2612

Do you have or can you come up with a small digital multimeter? That would be the fastest way to get to the source of the problem. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direc you in some testing.

No. We’re already at the site. We bought this recently and this is our maiden voyage. The freezer works but the fridge is weak. We were not sure about the auto/manual button since we’re only running the camper on electric and not LP.

Raise the thermister all the way up on the fins inside the fridge. Small bulb on a white or gray plastic clip. Right side. See if that helps.

Just checking back in again to see how this was going and if you still needed any more assistance from me here? See the attached link for a copy of the RM2612 manual. Print this out so you have it. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/12seriesim.pdf

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification