RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We had someone use our rv and leave chinese food in it

Customer Question
We had someone use...

We had someone use our rv and leave chinese food in it unknown to us. It has so many hard shelled fly things when I opened it about 1 month later to use it. They are collected up in the plastic cover in the top of the refrigerator. Can I snap this out and clean it and reattach it. It looks like it covers electrical wiring.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No, I have patiently cleaned out almost everything, but see a bunch are gathered in this cover. It reminds me of the light cover in the top of a home refrig. Didn't know if it is removable.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Not a car. A Jayco Jay Flight camper with a Norcold refrigerator.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Camper?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camper yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have cleaned out the refrigerator completely, ridding it of the small hard shells of hatching flies. However, I just wanted to get the ones out trapped in the little cover in the top of the refrigerator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
9/12/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the fridge???

Robert

IF you can get me the model number of the Norcold I should be able to tell if that part you are seeing is removable, Norcold has dozens of different models, should be a sticker inside the door with that info.

ROBERT

N611 RT Serial 11008347

I may need to see a photo of the part you want to remove, I looked through the parts listing and not seeing what you describe, I know the light cover will pop off and it has a 4 wire connector going to it, two wires go to the light and two wires go to the thermistor which is mounted to the back fin on the fridge. I would hate for you to break something so a picture may help if it is not the light cover. You can add photos into your reply using the paper clip icon on the page. I am around daily as well so not rush on my end.

Thanks. ROBERT