RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My 2004 Norcold 510 refrigerator in my RV is draining my…

My 2004 Norcold 510...

My 2004 Norcold 510 refrigerator in my RV is draining my battery when left on without AC support. I have checked everything, pulled the fuses on the TV/Radio as well as all other unnecessary fuses.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is a Norcold N510 and it is in a 2004 Lance Truck camper

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am pretty resourceful and yes depending upon what the problem is

9/9/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Do you have it on LP mode? In any mode it still uses 12 VDC for the controls and without any AC present or some solar panels to keep the batteries charged it will ru down quickly.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
I explained that. ONLY on Propane Mode and no AC. 115 watt solar panel and this corrects issue when sun. Only at night battery goes low
Phone call session started