RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a Forest River GTS 2800QS, Class C. We are unable to…

Customer Question
We have a...

We have a Forest River GTS 2800QS, Class C. We are unable to get hot water.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Again, Forest River Class C, GTS 2800QS. Year is 2018.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 Forest River?

Sunseeker.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Filling with water, turned on water pump, tried both gas and electric. Previous campers we did this with no hot water supply issues. Is there something unique to this particular camper?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Brand new, bought it two weeks ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, why does water pump run (turning on and off) continuously, even when no water being used?

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
9/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Have you checked the valves on the backside of the water heater?

IS the flame lighting off on LP and is the water coming out the pressure relief valve HOT?

Thanks. Robert

flame is on, and PRV is hot. But, where are the valves?

You have to go inside the RV opposite of the outside access panel, you may have to pull a false panel or some drawers. You should have a hot, cold and bypass, see picture below. The hot and cold should be open or valve handle running WITH the pipe and the bypass closed.

Let me know... ROBERT

Picture.

sigh*. Forget it.

I don't understand did you find the valves?