RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Atwood LP Gas Water Heater 10 Gallon GC10A-4E 94022. Atwood…

Atwood LP Gas Water...

Atwood LP Gas Water Heater 10 Gallon GC10A-4E 94022

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Atwood LP Gas Water Heater 10 Gallon GC10A-4E 94022 Yr. 2006 the burner will not turn off and the electric side dose not work at all when we are at full hook up. I've changed both the mother board and high low temp board solenoids nothing changed. I'm thinking maybe new tank.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 RV?

2006 34' Tropical Diesel Pusher

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes look above

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/30/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO are you saying on propane the flame never shuts off ?does the water get hot, warm etc.

Have you replaced the T stat and ECO?

Robert

The water gets hot but will not trip the high heat sensor which I have changed

You should have a thermostat and ECO mounted to the tank they are small round discs, have you replaced them?

Sorry can not do a call until I have more info on this. ROBERT

the Main mother board

I need to think about this one, if you replaced the board, T-stat and ECO it should have taken care of the problem.

Let me pull a wiring diagram on that model and see if anything stands out.

ROBERT

I don't know if the unit is electric/gas but it has a ele. hw. switch next to the gas switch and it dose not work either

Yes it has an AC heating element on the back side of the water heater, AC power is applied to it and it heats the water. You should have a breaker in your main breaker panel for it.

IT will take a good 40 mins for the water to heat up using the AC element

I am going to step out of the question, maybe another expert will have some input for you on what is going on with this. I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily, my answer is for you to have the best possible answer...... ROBERT

Thank You! Robert, Keven
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi, I am Randall. I have an RV repair shop and work on these all the time. The fastest way to get to the root of this problem is with a 12 VDC test light like you can find at most hardware stores. Easy to use and I can direct you. I would ask you to be sure that you got the new thermostat and ECO in correctly and did not mix them up or get the wiring mixed up. They are not the same temp setting for each one. The ECO should be on the left and the thermostat on the right. Check that and let me know when you are ready to test with your light.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started
Hi Randall, I have my working test light in hand and yes the T-Stat and ECO was replaced along with the motherboard

Are you sure you didn't get the ECO and thermostat mixed up?

The do have different sized leads for each.

they have fat ones on the ECO and skinny ones on the t stat

Give me a call back later on if you need more on this. No time limit.

Thank you Randall

You are most welcome!

Just got back from Labor Day weekend last night so no I haven’t had a chance to work on it again I’ll try to look at it today thanks Keven

10-4