RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have 3 ac outlets that are not working. one is on the

I have 3 ac...

I have 3 ac outlets that are not working. one is on the fridge, one is over the counter between the fridge and the stove the other is at the rear end below the tv. I've looked for a GFI plug and the only one I found is servicing other outlets.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Sorry it's a Forrest River Sandpiper. 5th wheel, 2011 model rear entertainment center. 3 blowouts

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 RV?

34RET

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive checked the wiring at the breakers and it's good there but the 3 outlets don't have voltage. The rest of the outlets are all good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Some of the plugs have GFI stickers on them saying that they are GFI protected, the plugs that aren't working don't have the sticker. I called my regular mechanic and he said there shoppe be a GFI somewhere in the camper but I can't find another one.

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/27/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok. Im an engineer so I'm not totally out of my wheelhousetexting in ok for now

There should be one in the kitchen area and one in the bathroom area. The one that has the reset may be in a subtle location that you never use. It might be the microwave plug or the fridge plug. Sometimes they put the master in the bedroom. No one place they are and in the shop we have to hunt for them the same way. Hope that proves helpful. If it won't reset then it is bad OR there is not any AC power into it. A small digital multimeter is very helpful here. Please get back to me later if you nee more on this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

I have a voltmeter and I found 1 GFI in the bathroom but it's working on the other plugs. I can't find the plug behind the microwave cause the unit goes all the way to the wall, also the microwave is working fine. The fridge works when I plug it into another outlet. Just curious if there would be 2 GFI plugs?the wiring goes into the blowout and that where 2 of the 3 non working plugs are. Does that help?

There may be more than one issue. The slideout plugs usually have a J-box on the frame and sometimes one of those leads come loose. And yes, there will be at least 2 GFCI outlets here.

I might be blind but I think I have found every plug in the trailer and only 1 GFI. I've looked everywhere. (except where the other one is)Do they ever put them inside a cabinet out of sight?

I have seen them there. On the bed pedestal or under the table. They can be anyplace. And Forest River has no wiring diagrams! Not very helpful here.

Now that I think about it, I
haven't checked the fireplace plug. Nor have I checked to see if the fireplace works. I'm familiar with the lack of documents on these things. I'll pull the fireplace and see if there is one in thereif it's ok I'll dig a little deeper.

O.K. Get back to me later if you need more.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Thanks I appreciate the help