RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My fridge isn't cooling properly. The freezer works fine.

Customer Question
My fridge isn't cooling...

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2006 forest river work and play

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

Model # is faded beyond reading. Registration says make: fore make workman. Its 28'

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took air compressor and blew the back of it ok out.

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the A/C been working? Have you noticed any leaks?

A/C works fine. No leaks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We're in Arizona in the heat.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you know if the fridge is a Dometic OR Norcold, normally if you look inside the fridge door you will see a sticker.

Also have you tried running it on LP and AC power and do you get the same results?

ROBERT

It's a dometic, only works on propane or 12V. I have it on 12V.

I am going to need the model number on this. Most all RV fridges work on AC power and propane. Some units are three way and will also work on DC power or 12 volt.

Are you saying it is cooling on 12 volts and propane but not on AC power?

IF you look in the door you should see a sticker, most Dometics start with a RM OR DM and then number. If you need more time to look for that it is fine I am around daily and respond WHEN I can... ROBERT

RN2652

Right...

SO that fridge will work on AC power and LP but there is an option for it to work on DC power as well.

SO when you are plugged into power and in auto the fridge should always be working on AC power, if you loose the AC power it defaults to LP.

SO my question for you is have you tried running it on BOTH LP and AC power with the same results. It is important to know if the BOX cools off on one source and not the other.

ROBERT

Was just checking in to see if you need more help on this?

Robert