RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2010 Montana Hickory. in the cabin there is only on…

I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Montana Hickory. in the cabin there is only on switch to extend and retract the slides. they run in a set sequence. is there a way to only move one specific slide ( out of sequence). I Just need to move the living area slide, which by the sequence is the last to retract or extend.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am adding a signal booster and the easiest way to bring the cable into the cabin is thru the slide. bring the slide in, see daylight, run the cable in. extend the slide.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only if there is an easier way to run the cable.

8/23/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

okshouldn't need to talk. written message is the best for me.

No easy way to change the slide out situation. It would take some major changes in the way the hydraulic system functions and more switches and wiring. Not very practical I think. You can bring a cable in that way, but be sure and protect it with some loom wrap and you will need to take care when moving the slideout afterwards to that you don't get it pinched anyplace.

I hope that points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me later if you need additional help as we have no time limits on any follow ups. I am around every day and even though I have an RV repair shop I check in here on a regular basis. I am on my way there now and will be offline for about 15 minutes.

I have 4 switches on the outside which appear to control the hydraulics. theyare located directly under the landing gear retract and extend

Some versions have a set of manual shut-offs for this on the pump manifold. Are those the ones you are talking about?

I believe so. the heading is "Hydraulic Room Control". first one is labeled from left to right they are labeled Bed, ODS, DS, and AUX. up appears to be on and down is labeled Off.

O.K. So you are fortunate to have the fancier version and has those. Most don't. That allows you to do what you want and just move one room if you want. Great!

just trial and error to see which one works which slide?

Yes, and then label them or make up your own diagram and keep it handy. Not sure what those mean exactly the way they labeled them unless it says in your manuals.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification