RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Norcold fridge went out and I cannot get it to turn back…

My Norcold fridge went...

My Norcold fridge went out and I cannot get it to turn back on the electricity is going to it I do know the circuit board outside is 628661 the internal by the switches is 630762. can you tell me does this sound like it is a circuit board issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Norcold N81 or N811 I'm guessing 2008 / 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes hopefully

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The power (electricity is working) that has been checked, no lights at all on in the fridge.

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/18/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Did you check to see if DC power was going int the circuit board? The board needs DC power to turn ON, if you checked for DC power on the main supply wires going into the board have you removed the cover on the board and checked the fuses?

Thanks, ROBERT

the long glass fuze was hot and I couldn't get a read on the other fuzesWe have 120 going into the circuit board

OK

The fridge needs DC power to turn on and work, it could care less if AC power is present to turn on and work. Click HERE for a service manual, it could be the circuit board OR the upper display panel, the manual will show you where to check for voltage and see if the circuit board or display is good or not. IF you do not have Voltage on the main supply check your interior fuse box for a blown fuse. The manual should help you out on this. SEE PAGE 11

IF you get stuck or have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page. ROBERT

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic