RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2015 class A Fleetwood Bounder hot water heater is…

Customer Question
I have a 2015 class...
I have a 2015 class A Fleetwood Bounder hot water heater is working getting hot water to the kitchen sink but not to the bathroom shower
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
8/15/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Is that the only area in the RV that does NOT have hot water? Have you checked ALL the other faucets and outdoor sprayer?

Thanks ROBERT

IF that is the only area you do not have hot water at it actually sounds like the mixing valve for the shower. IF you are missing hot water to other taps then it could be a failed check valve on the back of the water heater, sometimes when the disc falls out it can block the flow to SOME of the taps. But if it is confined to the shower then it sounds like the actual shower valve.

One other thing I have seen over the years is if the outdoor sprayer valves are left opened it can cause issues so make sure they are shut.

I would contact Fleetwood parts with your FIN to see if that shower valve is still available or if there is a direct replacement for it.

IF you still need more help please let me know, follow ups are included.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the top of the page.

Thanks. ROBERT

yeah it's just the bathroom in the master bedroom. shower and sink
If it is BOTH the shower and sink are missing hot water what I might do is shut the water off, get a bucket, disconnect the hot and then see if you get hot water flow if so then the valve is the problem. if you get NO flow then the disc in the Hot water heater may have fallen out and be blocking the flow. If you can get me the make and model of the water heater it would help.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

ROBERT