RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a dometic DM2852 and we are having trouble setting…

Customer Question
We have a dometic...

We have a dometic DM2852 and we are having trouble setting the temperature. We are not sure which way the temperature control goes on the fins

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?

This is a RV refrigerator

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2008 Prowler 25.5 ft

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Prowler yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are just wanting to know the correct way the temperature slide goes on the fins to set your temp

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Are you talking about the thermistor setting inside the fridge? The bulb on the end sticks out of the holder and the higher up in the fridge it is the colder it will be. Move it down it warm it up some. Is that what you needed here? If you need more please get back to me later as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

See the attached link for a copy of the Dometic Service Manual which covers this model. See that section on the thermistor. Let me know if you need more here. http://www.nancyemmert.com/region6/Resources/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!