RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our Norcold 51x is in lockout mode. It is N512 Norcold. RV…

Our Norcold 51x is...

Our Norcold 51x is in lockout mode

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

It is N512 Norcold . RV is a Jayco, 2015, expandable

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 RV?

18XD

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the gas and tried to start & code n comes up

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It is a hard side expandable not a motor home. We had to replace our propane tank once.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to reset n code. In lockout mode

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/7/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

There are several versions of this model. What is the error code on the front? And give me the part number off the control board. A 6 digit number begining with a "6" and I would like to have that before I call.

will discuss by computer, 628661the number is ***** on control board. Will talk by computer - do not want to add any more money to charge cardthe error code is a n

Was there a "No Co" code on this? Was the fridge level? And take a look around the base of the burner area and tell me if you see any yellowish debris there. We want to find out why this happened if we can.

No yellowish debris, it had a n which when called were we bought camper their tech said it was in lockout modeWe our trying to clear the lockout mode. We do not live near the Jayco dealer to take camper to them.use computer not my phone to respond please.

Wonder why they didn't fix this for you then? So you have the cover off? On the upper left hand corner of the board you see that plug? Opening on the P2 from the right side? Take a small gauge wire stripped on both ends and insert one end in there and ground the other end for up to 15 seconds on the metal portion of the fridge. You should hear a "click" on the board and it should reset and come back on again once you get it hooked up correctly. Just be sure you don't get the positive and negative leads backwards. White leads are for the gas valve and "GV" on the board.

Hope that points you in the right direction here. Once a get a chance I can get to my computer and grab a link to a copy of the Norcold Service Manual for you. Please get back to me if you need more on this as we have no time limits on any follow ups.

Trying to reset nowRefrig Not doing anything

Did it reset or not? Check the DC fuse on the board if the display didn't come back on and the wiring hookups.

Display came on set temp electrically to 7. No error code yet

Are you using LP or AC mode? Make sure you have the LP working pressure checked at least once a year. Low LP pressure can cause this.

AC mode

Give it a few hours and let me know what happens.

Ok will do. Thank you for now

You are most welcome!

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
I rechecked refrigerator and it is working. Thank You

You are most welcome! And please see the attached link for a copy of the Norcold Service Manual that covers this model. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/n5051.pdf