RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2016 Keystone Montana 3790rd trailer. Electrical…

I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 Keystone Montana 3790rd trailer. Electrical problem. When I extend or retract the kitchen slideout it works fine for about 5 seconds and then suddenly all electrical to the camper stops. Wait a few seconds and the electrical kicks back on automatically. You can continue with slide out operation for another 5 seconds or so and the same thing happens. This continues until you get the slideout extended or retracted. The same problem occurs when extending or retracting the hydraulic camper jacks. The closest rv dealer is a long ways away and I would like to try to fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and nothing

8/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

sure

Low voltage is tripping out a relay. When it cools off it resets. If you only have one battery and you are not plugged into shore power this will be a problem. Or even if you have two batteries which all slide out installations should have it may do this if the coverter isn't charging properly. If you have or can come up with a small digital multimeter we can check this. If you haven't have the batteries serviced or load tested in the last year you should have that done.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
ok
Phone call session started