RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I recently bought a 2017 Thor Vegas 25.1. The slide out is…

I recently bought a...

I recently bought a 2017 Thor Vegas 25.1. The slide out is in the rear. Plumbing is under the sofa. I cannot find the low point drain on the water system. This is our first RV, so I am not up to speed on knowledge yet. Can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2017 Thor Vegas 25.1

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

Thor Vegas 25.1

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and basically I am trying to gain some knowledge about sanitizing the water lines and winterizing it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing other than the low point drain location

7/29/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

ok

The low point drains are usually underneath with a valve or cap on them. Most are red and blue. Or by the dump station. And I would not just drain the water heater and the lines. Pumps and toilet valves do NOT drain well if at all and every spring I sell a bunch of them in my shop. Use some RV antifreeze and putt the water heater on bypass and then charge the system.

ok, if I find it I will get back to you

Most have a winterizing valve by the intake of the pump and if not, you can add one. That allows you to suck the antifreeze right out of the jug and not have to waste any in the tank. Splash the drains when you are done. Leave the taps open and don't forget any outside shower or the toilet. Remove any inline water filter FIRST.

Mine has a winterizing valve, I just can't find the low point drain. Will let you know if I do

Maybe give the dealer a call if you can't find them.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification