RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold 1200im rv refrigerator. I have a error code…

I have a Norcold...

I have a Norcold 1200im rv refrigerator. I have a error code saying no ac. I have tested the outlet and have 118 volts. I keep getting the error code.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

The model is 1210im. series121x

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes RV is in a permanent position in a campground

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have checked the outlet for voltage

7/22/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

So on the back of the fridge under the access panel you have a circuit board, it has a plastic cover. Unplug the cord from the outlet and then remove the cover and check the fuses on the board, one fuse is for DC power or what allows the fridge to turn on and the other is the AC fuse. If that fuse is blown the fridge will not work on AC power and you will get that code.

I also might get an extension cord and plug the fridge into an outside source just to make sure there are no polarity problems with the outlet the fridge is currently plugged into.

IF you still need more help please let me know.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR Rating at the TOP of the page.
ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
thanks this will probably solve the problem