RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My norcold 611N wont cool. I re-set it, but still won't seem…

My norcold 611N wont...

My norcold 611N wont cool. I re-set it, but still won't seem to cool. I tried jumping the control board to re-set it, has not been successful this time, althought it worked in the past.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2007 jayco jayflight 27BH

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 RV?

Jayflight 27bh

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying myself, we have a trip leaving on Thursday and don't think my local shop will be able to get me in. I have unplugged fridge, as well as used a wire to jump the top pin to re-set the board. It worked in the past but not this time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I doin't think so. The light on the front of the fridge is on, not blinking, so not sure what error is causing this. Everything worked well about 2 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Initially it was the top light, it would blink 5 or 6 times stay steady for a second and then blink again. Since i did the reset by jumping that pin the light has not been blinking. as i mentioned, i did have to reset it once before, but it did work the last time.

7/16/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

great thanks. What extra info do you need?

See the attached link for the Norcold Service Manual that covers this model. Print it out so you have it. You can identify the error by the blinking sequence. If this is not constant let me know. Also take a look around the base of the burner area once you remove the outside inspection panel for any yellowish debris. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf

Is the fridge level? And is it installed in a slideout room?

great, ill download it right now.
the light was blinking prior to me re-setting it...but it is constant light now
it is not level, it is slighty tongue down hill.no slide out

Overheating and low incoming DC voltage are the two most common things that set this off. It can be a board failure as well. See the attached ARP information on this model. The fridge has to be level! https://www.arprv.com/norcold-n611.php

The best thing here is to turn off the fridge and allow it to cool down for a few hours and then re-level it and turn it on again. Running it out of level can ruin the cooling unit.

okay thanks, ***** ***** it out right now. I have it plugged into electric, also tried it on gas only mode...that didn't work either. Crossing my fingers for the issue being leveled.

Get back to me later and let me know what happens. No time limits here on any follow ups.

will do. Thanks

You are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer.

Randall- just wanted to let you know that I moved the trailer to a level spot and the fridge worked fine...learned something new. Thanks for the help!

You are most welcome! Please take some care to keep it level. This can be terminal to the cooling unit.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification