RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2014 Winnebago VIA.......when plugged into shore electric…

2014 Winnebago VIA.......when plugged...

2014 Winnebago VIA.......when plugged into shore electric the RV AC fan will NOT stop running. I have removed the fuse in the thermostat, still runs. If I set the thermostat to AC off, fan on auto.....as it should turn off the fan it still runs. What’s up ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

How is this done ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 RV?

2013/14 Mercedes chassis, Winnebago VIA 26’

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’d like to try the fix. Studied the manual, fiddled with the thermostat, taken out the fuse in the thermostat....the fan still runs !!!!!

7/15/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That would tend to indicate that the fan relay on the control board for the A/C is burnt and not releasing. A new control board should fix that. Is this a Dometic or a Coleman A/C? Model number would be helpful here. Turn off the breaker for the A/C and that should stop this from running.

Coleman RV products 1 stage heat pump

I would need the actual model number in order to get you the correct part number for this replacement. Coleman has about a dozen models at present.

Where do I find the model # Where is the breaker ?

Usually on the bottom of the A/C or on the side if this is a ducted model. And the 20 amp breaker in your load center where all the fuses and breakers are.

Do you mean on the roof for the model # ?

If this is a ducted unit you won't be able to see the bottom. Then it will be on the upper portion and visible when you remove the cover. Your coach manuals should say in there.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Found the breaker and can turn it off with it no problem. Board on thermostat inside RV has #’s 434BB050245ICM controls AS7822
Phone call session started