RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My fridge in my camper stopped working. Model is N611LT make…

Hello my fridge in...

Hello my fridge in my camper stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Model is N611LT make is Norcold

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it’s something simple and easy.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working then mid camping trip is stopped and started flashing the on and gas check if flashing lights. Then it would just stop everything. And I checked the gas and had plenty still in the tank.

I tried it again and the no light and Gas check light if flashing come on. The Gas check if flashing light stays solid on and the on light goes off then blinks 5 times then stays on then blinks 5 times. This just keeps repeating.
7/14/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry for the long delay.

The flashing 5 code means NO cooling detected by the controls and the fridge is locked out. The only way to clear this code is to try a reset on the circuit board. The circuit board is under the outside access panel. IT will depend on the style board you had. Click HERE and HERE for the procedures. IF the code comes back something could be going on with the fridge such as a cooling unit problem. Make sure the fridge is level, you do not smell ammonia or see a yellowish powder on the back side of the fridge. That is a sign of a rupture, the cooling unit could also be blocked but that would be something to look at if this code comes back.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page. ROBERT

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic