RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My RMD8551 dometic fridge worked fine even in hot weather…

Customer Question
My RMD8551 dometic...

My RMD8551 dometic fridge worked fine even in hot weather but suddenly doesn't get even cool. I can't see any fluid leaks, have cleaned gas jet, flue ect. Both gas & 240v get hot to touch. Flue vent warm to touch. Suspect thermostat but how can I test that?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?

I haven't opened any fluid areas I can't see any fluid leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2014 Crusader Caravan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have cleaned the gas jet, cleaned the flue, turned the fridge upside down for 24 hours (I live in a remote area)

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: RV
7/11/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 days ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

No yellowish debris around the base of the burner area? Has it been level all along?

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 days ago

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!