RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I just purchased a Shasta Camper with a Dometic frig in it.

I just purchased a...

I just purchased a Shasta Camper with a Dometic frig in it. It is very slow to cool down and doesn't get cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Is there anything I can do ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2015 Shasta Oasis, with a Dometic DM2652 frig

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Oasis yourself? What have you tried so far?

SS ####-##-####

7/9/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Do you happen to have a volt meter?

Robert

Normally when the box does not cold on BOTH LP and AC power it is a cooling unit issue or thermistor problem, if you have a meter the thermistor can be ohmed out, if you do NOT have a meter what you can do is dis-connect the thermistor from the circuit board under the outside cover and let it run to see if the box cools. Either way I can give you more direction on what to do if you do not have a meter. Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
I don't have a meter. When you say Thermistor, do you mean the thermostat?
The freezer works good.
Phone call session started