RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2011 Fleetwood bounder which has been in storage…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a 2011 Fleetwood bounder which has been in storage for 5 plus years. Dometic RM1350 which indicates an E3 error code. Determine the code can be eliminated by resetting thermal switch attached to the LP flue. LP burns normal until E3 code, operates the same on AC after about 10 minutes. No cooling action at all to eliminate the thermal switch i bypassed it for about two hours under LP operation while monitoring very close. Got quite warm, seemed to vent properly as both vent panels removed, no cooling action noted. Appears cooling unit may have failed possibly due to extended storage. Would you have any other thoughts to avoid the replacement?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?

Unit is new to us. Has not worked as far as i know. What is procedure for Hard Reset?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Taking to dealer tomorrow, they say cooling unit is bad. Pretty handy so i would like to try anything to kick start this one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this point, explained what i have tried to this point

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
7/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I would sure check it first! We see some dealers claiming this and it isn't so. Easy to test. I can direct you in this.

please do, is there a hard reset on this unit?Chat is fine

Is the fridge level? And turn it off and let it cool. Then try it again. After so long a time in storage the cooling chemicals may need to be remixed. Check the hi limit thermal disc on the base of the flue. Push the button in to reset it. And check for any sign of yellowish debris around the base of the burner area.

See the attached link for a copy of the Dometic Service Manual for this model. Print it out so you have it. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM1350.pdf

See this link for the ARP information on this as well. https://www.arprv.com/dometic-rm1350.php

I have reset the the thermal disc several times. Burner area is clean and burning clean, same issue while using it operating in AC mode thermal disc pops. Bypassed thermal disc for a couple of hours-no signs of cooling. I reviewed the service manual, little mention of the E3 codeWhat is the function of the ARP sensor

It keeps the cooling unit from getting too hot. That is a hi limit switch error. Try disconnecting the heating element leads from the control board and hook them up directly to a power cord and plug it in. It will either cool or not.

i will try that. Would this indicate a failed ARP sensor? If it still does not cool would this indicate a bad cooling unit?

Yes. That would show you one way or the other.

Ok thanks

You are most welcome! Get back to me if you need more.