RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Dometic DM2652LBX Refig that does not cool below

Customer Question
My Dometic DM2652LBX Refig...

My Dometic DM2652LBX Refig that does not cool below 50Degrees when it has food in it. I'm trying to determine if the unit isn LIMP mode. the internal temperature adjustment Thermistor does not seem to work, no matter where you adjust it on the cooling fin. Should i replace this part? If so where can i order one???

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?

This is a Refig in a travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

RockWood 2016 TS2502 KS Mini Sapphire

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have checked the fuses on control board, tested the unit on Gas operation and Electric Operation adjusted the thermistor up and down on the cooling fin nothing seems to improve the internal temperture of the refig

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
7/6/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What do you need?

Are you using LP mode or AC mode? Fridge level? Open up the outside inspection panel and tell me if you see any yellowish debris around the base of the burner.

I've tried both LP and AC mode neither changes the Refig internal best temp of 50 degrees burner flame looks nice and blue, my book tells me there is a LIMP mode if a componet is bad,

Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? And is the fridge level? Debris around the base of the burner?

I have a meter but the travel trailer is in storage now, but if you can give me some info I will test the unit later. Frig is level its clean around the base of the burner

Remove the cover off the control board and disconnect the thermistor plug in the top left hand corner of the board. Two leads. Lower plug. Let it run for a few hours and see if it cools. Take the meter with your for testing the thermistor. When I get to my computer here shortly I can get a link to the Dometic Service Manual for you. Shows this testing procedure.

I unplugged the thermistor and check resistance via the connector to the thermistor looked like 38kohms but i did not continure to run the unit with it unplugged. The test procedure would be great. Are you going to send the link to my e-mail address??

It will come via this posting thread. The thermistor has to be submersed into ice water on the fridge end. The reading has to be between 8K and 10K ohms.

ok the reading i took was with the unit mounted on the fin, i'll be waiting for the link to service manual, all i have is the book that came with the RV, very limited on imformation, thanks

Give me about 30 minutes or so. And you are most welcome!

See the attached link for that manual. Print this out so you have it. http://www.nancyemmert.com/region6/Resources/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? I do have an RV repair shop and can assist you in sorting out the problem here and suggest a solution. If you need me to resend this information please let me know. Thanks!