RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The inside refrigerator is not cooling and we are getting…

The inside refrigerator is...

The inside refrigerator is not cooling and we are getting the check light. My husband checked the electric plug and there is power. We have a 24 keystone passport 2017.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Check light on Frig panel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passport yourself? What have you tried so far?

No- the only thing we did was resent main breaker- verified the plug outlet on rear Frig exterior access panel had power and it does. Turned on Frig to auto.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The freezer began cooling last night and this AM the check light is on again and nothing is cool freezer or frig- does this help?

7/1/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of your fridge? And is the fridge level? Open up the outside inspection panel at the rear of the fridge and tell me if you see any yellowish debris there around the base of the burner.

Randall, this is Angelo- while waiting- I checked and the gas tank was empty, I switched gas tanks. Would this make a difference if set to “auto” and not gas?

If you are plugged into shore power it should still cool on "Auto" and if you had it just set to gas mode that would make it go into check for sure. What is the make and model of this fridge?

Make is Domestic, model DM2652LBX, serial-70391586; on 2017 Keystone Passport Ultra Lite 24’

See the attached link for a copy of the Dometic Service Manual which covers this model. Print this out so you have it. http://www.nancyemmert.com/region6/Resources/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Let me know if this begins to cool and not go into check mode.

How long before we will notice temp difference and know it’s beginning to coll?

About an hour or so. It can take up to 3 or 4 hours to cool completely.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification