RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Blew a breaker when runnning air conditioner. It was running…

Customer Question
Blew a breaker when...

Blew a breaker when runnning air conditioner

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Yes it was running good off a electrical connection

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2003 Forrest River Lexington

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just don’t know the location of the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No if I can find the breaker I should be able to reset it, new to this

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: RV
7/1/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 month ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question! We are short handed this weekend due to some being gone for the holiday and I was out for a few hours myself. Do you still need some assistance with this issue? I have an RV repair shop and do these repairs for a living and can help you sort out the problem here. Just get back to me when you can. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yea, it melted the plug for 110v so we are about lost

Were you using any kind of adapter on the cord? Or any extension cord? This makes a huge difference. And you need to turn off all other AC uses when the weather is hot as the hotter the ambient temps the more power the A/C requires.

Do you have or can you come up with a small digital multimeter? That would allow us to do some testing and sort this out. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing.

Yes to which question?