RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a fault code and oP do I need a new circuit board…

I have a fault...

I have a fault code LI and oP do I need a new circuit board 628661

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Several days

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No light in frg. also

6/25/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you go to the outside access panel and remove it, tell me if you see a small black box, on the box is a LED light need to know if the light is ON it would be RED.

I assume this is a Norcold 1200 series. Robert

no light

OK...

The code you are seeing means the high limit is open and the fridge shuts down to protect it's self. The black box I am talking about was part of a recall on some Norcold's when the sensor trips the RED light comes on and you get the code you are seeing. What is the exact model of the fridge? DO you see the small black box with the single led on it, normally it is clipped on to one of the absorber coils. Robert

n641r there is no red light onN641r. I see the black box no red light on

OK

The sensor would not apply to that model then.. Check the round flue canister for a thermal switch remove the cover on the board and look for a limit in and limit out wire see picture below, if you have the wires connected and it is not bridged follow the wires from the board to the high limit, it should be on the flue canister, most are a round disc and in the center of the disc is a tiny button you need to push in to rest it.... Let me know.... Robert

I do not think your model has the box I was talking about click HERE to confirm. That box mostly applied to the Norcold 1200's

N641r. I see the black box no red light on I push button and now the frog. Seems to be working

Good job, keep an eye on that, if the code comes up again after the fridge has been running then you may have to get this looked at, it means it is getting to hot on the back of the fridge, sometimes when a cooling unit is having problems you will see this fault.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page.... ROBERT

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic