RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 42 foot Monaco/Camelot RV. We have lost our dash…

We have a 42...

We have a 42 foot Monaco/Camelot RV. We have lost our dash lights, speedometer. When the key is turned on, none of the lights come on as they usually do when the key is first turned on. my name is*****: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Where would the fuses be for the dash?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fox?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fox yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are going to attempt to fix ourselves, and no we haven't tried yet, that is why I am asking first.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really. Does this cost money to ask the mechanic?

Answered in 1 day by:
6/26/2018
RV Mechanic: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 4 years ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator.
I notice that your question has been sitting for a while without a response.
Are you still needing help with this matter?
Rachel-Moderator
that would be nice!!!
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry for the long delay. SO on most Monaco's you will have a fuse box outside under the drivers seat in the storage compartment. What you can do is get a 12 volt test light and probe each fuse for power. A 12 volt test light is a very quick and easy way to check each fuse for power. A good test light will cost about 15-20 dollars and you simply ground the clip and then with the tip of the test light touch each fuse for power. Make sure you have the ignition key ON (engine not running) as some fuses will only have voltage when the key is ON.

Look for any plugs as well near the fuse box and going into the dash, many times they will bundle the wires and use a plug, sometimes they can vibrate loose or become corroded.

A test light should help you out to see where you have power and where it is missing, the fuse would definitely be outside for these components that are not working.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating at the TOP of the page..... ROBERT

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic