RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My slide out topper awning has enough slack that it holds…

Customer Question
My slide out topper...

My slide out topper awning has enough slack that it holds water. Isn't there a way to adjust it to be tighter. I have a 2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36UA.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road Model 36UA

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '18 RV?

36 UA

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Perhaps if this is not covered under warranty. I will be delivering it today for other repairs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. That model has an extremely large slide. Inside the Coach some of the slide wheels do not touch the floor. I have been told by my dealer that this is normal because the slide lifts up in the process of retracting and extending. What concerns me though if this is correct is there is now very little room between the slide when retracted and the bedroom door tract. If it were to rise any more it could give me a more serious problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

What is the car and what are you asking

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

It may not have enough prewind on the torsions. That or the wrong angle for the mounting rail on the coach are the two most common reasons for this. What is the make and model of your awning? Is the room tracking correctly? Take a measurement from each side at the same point to the coach wall and it should be within 1/4" of the same.