RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2016 keystone cougar 33res. the outlets don't work off of…

Customer Question
2016 keystone cougar 33res...

2016 keystone cougar 33res. the outlets don't work off of battery. they work fine when im plugged in to shore power. lights slides and radio work just not the Receptacle on battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Breakers fuses and gfi all good

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 4 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The only way the outlets are going to work is if you have an inverter. An inverter takes the DC battery voltage and makes the AC voltage when you are unplugged. Not all RV'S have an inverter they have a power converter which does the opposite, it takes the AC voltage and makes DC voltage and charges the battery ONLY when you are plugged in.

IF you have an inverter then there sounds like you could have a problem. IF you have the make and model of the inverter please let me know.

Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... ROBERT