RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Norcold RV Refrigerator Model N302 will light, but goes…

My Norcold RV Refrigerator...

My Norcold RV Refrigerator Model N302 will light, but goes out as soon as I let off the primer.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Model N302, would be around 2007 as that is the date on the trailer.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 RV?

Featherlight horse trailer with a Sieria conversion.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have taken it into a camper dealer. It lights when he touches it. He said the burner is clean. May be the switch as if I move it, it goes out. Problem, the sweet spot he found freezes the food.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The burner for the refrigerator lights. It works on AC. It is a 2 way switch

6/8/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 4 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

This can be an LP gas pressure problem. If the flame is too low it won't keep the thermocouple hot enough to keep the gas valve on. When was the last time this was checked? It should be done at least once a year.

I don't think that has ever been done. No one has ever asked me that. When the camper guy lights it, he just sets the switch and it lights and stays lit. If I move the switch it won't stay lit. Last 2 years I cannot seem to find that sweet spot. Maybe its what you are saying. Just checked the propane, its good.

You have to use a manometer to check the LP pressure. And it might be a dirty set of contacts in the selector switch. That can happen. Hard to say without some testing. If the flame comes on and it needed won't stay in the zone then LP pressure is the most common cause.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification