RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold refrigerator worked on gas for 8 days. On the ninth…

Customer Question
Norcold refrigerator worked on...

Norcold refrigerator worked on gas for 8 days. On the ninth day at 1AM both lights started flashing and refer quit cooling. Tried resetting (restarting) several times to no avail. Waited until morning, started generator and it works fine on AC. Tried a couple of different things and found that it works on gas if you have temp setting in position 1. If ambient temp is 80 or above it also works in position 2, but at night when temp drops it has to be put back in position 1. In either setting, refer temp remains constant at 34 - 36 degrees.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Norcold Model N611LT, serial # 24691893. Trailer is 2017 model purchased in May of last year.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Have taken optical board out, saw no burned places or loose solder joints, took orifice out - was clean and open, flue is clean.

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: RV
6/1/2018
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 17 days ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

SO When this happened you were running it on LP? DO you recall what lights were flashing? Was it the ON and gas light?

Thanks. Robert

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
both lights were flashing at the rate of about 1 time per second.

OK

And so I am clear it works fine until you change the settings and then you get that code?

Robert

If that is the case it could be a number of items and this will be a process of elimination.

The LP pressure should be checked yearly to make sure that is good, anytime you have a problem on LP and not AC power it should be verified. I would save that check for last as you need a manometer to check the pressure, I understand if all the other appliances are working but that does not mean the pressure is correct.

You have to troubleshoot the code and start ruling items out. IF you click HERE it will be a service manual and see the fault "gas lock out" you can start troubleshooting. In addition to what it says on page 12 I would also ohm out the thermistor, it tells you how to do that as well. Also check the DC voltage when this is happening, it should not be under 11 volts.

IF you are still having problems I would consider having this looked at under Norcold's warranty should be a 2 year warranty.

I hope this points you in the right direction.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please take the time to select a STAR rating at the top of the page.....

Thanks, Robert

RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 16 days ago

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

ROBERT

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic