RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I just purchased a Regency Ultra Brougham with the Dometic…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a Regency Ultra Brougham with the Dometic frig which worked great while plugged in. While underway it wouldn't run unless I had the generator running, then the propane would work. Tried the Battery button and that didn't work either. What am I not doing right?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Batteries show full charge, I have solar panels to keep them topped off, pretty sure there isn't a leak. Just thinking that maybe the battery switch is not set right?? I should go out and check that. can you tell me what I should be looking for before I go out there?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Brougham?

18

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Brougham yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have made sure the propane switch was on, and tried pushing the various buttons for power source. When I started the generator, it goes on in all modes, but otherwise nothing. shouldn't it soon with just propane on?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of, just brand new to the rv and not sure how to use everything

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
5/31/2018
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the model number of your fridge?

Is the fridge level?

Got it running! It had a reset button I found and that made it start. It has a battery button, but it won't start with that. Do I have to do something different to make it run off the battery?

I don't know the model number so I can't tell you if it has a 12 VDC mode or not.

I will wait to do a call until I put a list of thing together that I need help with! Thank you. I will have to find the model number and get back to you. Can you give me an idea of where to find it?

Inside the fridge on the wall